Tuesday, July 27, 2004

What Celebs Say about Fahrenheit 9/11
Courtesy of michaelmoore.com


Joan Baez:"In the end, if we manage to get out of this without either World War III happening or whatever other scenarios this administration has for us, it'll be because people kept doing things like making statements, signing petitions. It'll be because the Michael Moore's out there didn't quit." (San Diego Union-Tribune, 6/17)

Drew Barrymore:"I never come to premieres, but I'm so here on this one. I'm looking forward to this more than anything in the world." (USA Today 6/10)

Tony Bennett:"For a documentary to win over every other film in the Cannes Film Festival is unheard of, so he's quite a genius." (KXAN-TV, 6/15)

Mary J. Blige:"I have to vote this year. After seeing that movie, I can't do anything else." (NY Times, 7/6)

Big Boi of "Outkast":"... urged people 'to take time to catch Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11.'" (Africana.com, 7/15)

Princess Caroline of Monaco to Michael Moore:"My mother would have been so proud of your movie." (Detroit Free Press, 5/21)

Bill Clinton:"I think every American ought to see it." (Rolling Stone, 7/13)
"As far as I know, none of the facts in the movie have been refuted. That is, I think the evidence in the movie is accurate." (Nova TV (Dutch), 7/14)

Mario Cuomo after watching Fahrenheit 9/11 3 times:"I was convinced that it should be viewed and reflected upon by as many Americans as possible... especially young people who, in a few years, might be part of our military forces. I'm committed personally to the proposition, as more than just a lawyer, that everybody should see this film." (Chicago Sun-Times, 6/17)

Carson Daly:"I think it's important that there's something that's provocative out there for younger people. I'm 30 so for anybody that doesn't think about what's important to the country, at least there's something provocative that they can go see, make up their own mind." (KXAN-TV, 6/15)

Patti Davis, daughter of Ronald Reagan: "Seeing Fahrenheit 9/11 made me think deeply about love of country, how it molds us, drives and emboldens us and how it can sometimes make us so angry we want to shout out to the world: 'No, this is wrong.' Many things have been said about the movie, and of course about its director, Michael Moore. But I don't think I've heard anyone comment on Moore's love for America. It seemed evident to me that the film was born from that love." (Newsweek, 7/20)

Leonardo DiCaprio: "I think a lot of people are going to be talking about this film. And I think a lot more people who are on the fence about who to vote for, after they see the film, they'll be solidified in their vote." (NY Observer, 6/21)

Dale Earnhardt Jr.:said that he had taken his buddies to see Fahrenheit 9/11 and that "it's a good thing as an American to go see." (The Guardian, 7/10)

Frances Fisher: "Every American has to see this movie." (USA Today 6/10)

John Fogerty: "With the Michael Moore movie, certain conservative talk show hosts call him un-American. Him and anybody else who says anything about the war... To question your country's policy, especially in a war that kills people, is definitely not un-American. It's probably the most patriotic thing you can do." (Scripps Howard News Service, 7/14)

Tom Hanks:"I want Michael Moore to have my seven bucks for that movie." (USA Today, 6/15)

Seymour Hersh:"The truth is it's so ironic. The best information we may get about this election may come from a combination of The Control Room, Fahrenheit 9/11, John Sayles, the nightly news from Jon Stewart..." (http://michaelmoore.com/www.informationclearinghouse.info, 7/19)

Annie Lennox:"Last night I got the chance to see Michael Moore's new film, Fahrenheit 9/11. It was utterly compelling, and incredibly thought provoking. I'd highly recommend seeing it." (http://www.alennox.net/, 7/9)

Madonna: "I don't think I ever cried so hard at a movie in my life. I urge each and every one of you to see it." (NY Daily News, 6/18)

Camryn Manheim:"A lot of us look to Michael Moore to uncover the real truth." (USA Today 6/10)

Moby:"I think Fahrenheit 9/11 is very truthful. I think the reason Fahrenheit 9/11 is so important is because it tells the truth about issues where the truth has been suppressed for the last three years." (CNBC, "Topic A with Tina Brown", 6/20)

Rob Reiner:"I think this is one of the most important films ever made. It has the potential of actually affecting the election, and if it does, it will change the world. There are very few films or works of art that have a profound effect on world affairs," he said, mentioning "Uncle Tom's Cabin" and "I Am a Fugitive From a Chain Gang." "But this actually has a chance to change the world." (Hollywood Reporter, 6/10)

Linda Ronstadt:"I've been dedicating 'Desperado' every night to Michael Moore, trying to get people to go see Fahrenheit 9/11." (Las Vegas Review-Journal, 7/16)

Emily Saliers of "The Indigo Girls":"I was moved by it - especially the story of the woman who lost her son in the war. I went with a bunch of friends, and we all cried. I couldn't really talk after the film for about 30 minutes afterward." (Denver Post, 7/23)

Leelee Sobieski:"(It) should be required for everyone in America to see as part of their education in high schools." (USA Today 6/10)

Tilda Swinton:When an Italian journalist complained that the film had "only one point of view," she replied, "We've heard what Bush has to say. We live with it. It's not a fair fight. This film helps to redress the balance." (Chicago Sun-Times, 5/24)

Quentin Tarantino, Cannes 2004 Jury President:"We want you to know that the politics of your film had nothing to do with this award . . . We're giving (it to) you, because you made a great movie." (Chicago Tribune, 5/30)

"A film can be funny and that's all it has to be. It can make me cry. It can make me laugh. It can disturb me. It can elate me. This film did all of those." (Toronto Globe and Mail, 5/25)

Uma Thurman:"I'd like to hear why it is that Disney thinks (Moore) should be censored. I'd like to hear a statement to that." (Entertainment Weekly, 5/28) 

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog: "Not for me to poop on"  Ok I added that last one to see if you're paying attention


1 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Well if meathead recommends it, how can I miss it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home