Sunday, October 16, 2005

Mindless Mind Wanderings

Another week dawns upon me, and another pay day lies at the end of that week....ah payday, sweet nectar of paying rent on time.
Not much is new in the life o' Ryan. In the Tour De Cants, I managed to bike 20 miles one day this week and a little over 12 miles on another day. The Baldwin Rail Train in Jacksonville is approximately 14.2 miles long, so I have a long way to go until I conquer the entire Trail. I think that should be a goal for the end of the year, but I'm going to go with it on how my body feels.

Sticking with the health topic, I've managed to stay away from fries for an entire month until this past friday...Damn you $5 cheese fries...I damn you to hell. I'm trying to make a decision about red meat...I really don't need it, and when I make my own food, I can barely tell the difference between Turkey and Beef anymore. I'm sure there will be points where I'll be craving Beef and I'm not going to try to completely give it up, just moderate things a lot better.

Seasons Change? I've entered the time of year I'm accustomed to seeing reds, yellows, and oranges in the skyline on my drives and walks around. This being my first year in Florida's Fall, I doubt I will get to see that unless "The Day After Tomorrow" comes true, at which point a Dick Cheney look-a-like will lead us into the ice age.

Oh and I'm not going to go to Chilifest. I cannot simply afford two trips that close together, and I want to have a great time on my NJ come wedding time. I apologize for not being able to make it, trust me when I say this decision was not easily reached. My memories of Chilifest always manage to bring a smile and a chuckle to my face when I think about the times had at the festival. For anyone interested check out www.winterfestival.net you can get your ticket form there and go eat all the chili and drink all the Riverhorse beer you want for $35 and grab yourself a complimentary pint glass...Jon, grab me one if you go.

Later

1 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

$35? Pretty soon it will be cheaper to just go to each restaurant and order a bowl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home