Sunday, June 05, 2005

Back It Up

So much stuff has happened in the past few months of "non-blogging" that I've forgotten to include somethings, and just plain forgot others. Here's one such story:
A few weeks ago I was returning from the gym, when out of the blue a Ford Explorer decided to introduce itself to the front of my car. Not to worry, the passenger was ok, besides the normal gassynous. And the car really wasn't that badly damaged, besides a trailer hitch size dent in the size of the front bumper. It's kind of funny looking back on it. Just seeing the lights flash from red to white and the SUV moving towards me. Everything moving in slow motion I let out a "noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" and honked the horn with a full force. I think the only thing I was able to do was slow the beast down. This was at a stop light so there wasn't a ton of room between the vehicles. The damage was done nonetheless. We quickly moved to a safer location to conduct the "insurance exchange" or as deadbeats call it "my only chance at suing somebody and making a ton of money off a fake neck injury". I'm no such person. I had the car estimated after the weekend, and found it actually caused $457 in damage to the front. Luckily the person that hit me is going to pay it out of pocket and we can all just put the ordeal behind us. Of course the guy was a tourist from Pennsylvania on vacation and on the way to Disney World. The moral of this story: Dutch people should stick to making bread and give up driving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home