Thursday, September 16, 2004

MONORAIL, MONORAIL, MONORAIL!

Well, I decided to buy Simpsons Season 4 the other night. I think this might be the best Simpsons season there is. From my alltime favorite episode "Marge vs. the Monorail" to "Whacking Day". It has a boatload of appearances from the late, great Phil Hartman. Back to the Monorail episode: "is there a chance the track could bend" "not on my life my hindu friend". Then there's the interaction between Quimby and Wiggum, and the guest appearance by our favorite little rascal, Leonard Nimoy. And of course the escalator to nowhere...waaaah. This is classic Simpsons before it got too built up on just all Homer episodes. And of course a bright eyed Conan O'Brien was a writer. Glory days of the Simpsons!

Do you want to change your name to Homer Junior, the kids could call you HoJu.

1 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Amanda Bradley said...

I too am amazed with the brilliance of the monorail episode, but have you ever seen the Music Man? You need to, to be able to get all of the references in the simpsons episode. utter genius, those writers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home