Sunday, June 04, 2006

You Can't Go Home Again

Recently I returned to NJ and while I had an incredible time, it was the first time since I first moved to NJ in 1992 that I felt like a visitor. An odd feeling, but an eventual one, since I currently reside nearly 1000 miles south of the armpit. Friends and family were great as always, but something was definitely amiss. I will always miss the people I met in NJ and especially the ones that have remained my friends, but I definitely don't miss much about actually being in NJ besides that.
I moved down here a year ago, yet I can finally turn the page on my time in NJ. I won't say I'll never move back to NJ, because one of life's lessons is "to never say never", but I wouldn't actively pursue moving back to NJ unless I owned my own business, or was needed in NJ for family emergencies. Goodbye NJ, you were my true home for nearly half my life and you served me well, but I walk a different path now...one that hasn't been walked down before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home