Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Can you hear me now?

Points of Reference *measured in dBA or decibels
-0 The softest sound a person can hear with normal hearing
-10 normal breathing
-20 whispering at 5 feet
-30 soft whisper
-50 rainfall
-60 normal conversation
-110 shouting in ear
-120 thunder

Alright so above is a point of reference for certain sounds you hear in life. Last night at the gym, I realized that there was a new point of reference.

- 130 Group of 3 (or more) guys speaking in Spanish


I've never heard a louder conversation at the gym and to say the least it was distracting. Usually music is a good motivational tool, and these voices were a motivational too to get an IPOD. I'm glad you guys feel free to talk so loud, but if I'm 20 feet away trying to do abs, I'd like to be able to hear myself count upwards. Gracias.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home